Ooops! your cart is empty
Please add some items to begin
A healthy nights sleep is important for everyone. We are all busy and sometimes feel there aren't enough hours in the day to get the things done that we need to, take time out and recharge yourself by getting a good night's sleep because the quality and quantity of your sleep can make all the difference in how productive you'll be the next day.
Start to create positive sleep habits and create a sleep schedule that works for you. Here are ten simple tips to help you get the sleep you really need.
1. Give yourself permission to go to bedAs hard as it may be to put away your "to do" list, make sleep a "priority." You'll thank yourself in the morning.
2. Unwind early in the evening
Try to deal with worries and distractions several hours before bedtime. Eliminate bright lights, TV and phone time.
3. Develop a sleep ritual
Doing the same things each night just before bed signals your body to settle down for the night.
4. Keep regular hoursKeep your biological clock in check by going to bed at the same time each night and waking up at the same time each morning - even on weekends.
5. Create a restful place to sleep
Sleep in a cool, dark room that is free from noises that may disturb your sleep.
6. Sleep on a comfortable, supportive mattress and foundation
It's difficult to sleep on a bed that's too small, too soft, too hard or too old. Make sure you have the right pillow to support your neck and spine.
7. Exercise regularly
Regular exercise can help relieve daily tension and stress along with disrupted sleep - but don't exercise too close to bedtime or you may have trouble falling asleep.
8. Cut down on stimulants
Consuming stimulants, such as caffeine or alcohol in the evening can make it more difficult to fall asleep
9. Don't smoke
Smokers take longer to fall asleep and wake up more often during the night.
10. Finish eating at least two to three hours before your regular bedtime.